Ashraf determined to fight against opposition challenging PCB re-election
Karachi: Re-elected Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Mohammad Zaka Ashraf is reportedly determined to put up a strong fight against those challenging his election despite a strong opposition.
This came on the heels of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) order for Ashraf to stop working as the PCB chairman while terming the electoral process ``dubious following a petition.
According to an official, the suspended PCB chief was considering premier lawyers to fight his case, whose first hearing will be on June 13.
Although PCB`s legal adviser Tafazzul Rizvi is expected to defend such cases normally, however, his participation might be questioned as he is a part of the PCB`s legal team and not the chairman`s.
However, the official said that Tafazzul could defend the board`s constitution, which has also been questioned since he has been a part of the whole process from its formation to its implementation, adding that the constitution was implemented following approvals from the International Cricket Council and the government.
Ashraf`s election as PCB chairman under the new constitution faced strong challenge from several stakeholders after major cities were snubbed during the electoral process.
Former captain Rashid Latif had also filed a petition against the election, calling it a bogus election and questioned the new constitution and termed it undemocratic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply