Asia Cup: Pakistan have an upper hand in opener against Sri Lanka
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The 12th edition of the Asia Cup will kick-start from Tuesday when defending champions Pakistan will lock horns with Sri Lanka at Fatullah, Bangladesh.
On papers, it`s quite difficult to judge which team is stronger. Both the teams have strong batting line ups and decent bowlers as well in their respective sides. But a few factors are in favour of Pakistan. In the last three ODI encounters between them, Pakistan have managed to snatch two wins against Sri Lanka`s sole victory.
Pakistan have a well-settled opening pair in Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shehzad, which can give them a good start at the top. Their all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has also been in good form and on the top of it, he has a good track record against Sri Lanka. He is a match-winner and can give Lanka a run for their money.
Apart from that, experienced Pakistani skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has scored seven half-centuries in his last nine innings, which means the in-form skipper will be high on confidence while leading his side in the opening match.
When it come to bowling, in Bilawal Bhatti they have a promising seamer, whereas Junaid Khan has the potential to give the Sri Lankan batsmen a tough time in the middle.
Though, Pakistan have an upper hand, they can`t take Sri Lanka lightly who have won the Asia Cup four times and are strong contenders to lift the trophy this time around as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing