Asia Cup: Pakistan have an upper hand in opener against Sri Lanka
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The 12th edition of the Asia Cup will kick-start from Tuesday when defending champions Pakistan will lock horns with Sri Lanka at Fatullah, Bangladesh.
On papers, it`s quite difficult to judge which team is stronger. Both the teams have strong batting line ups and decent bowlers as well in their respective sides. But a few factors are in favour of Pakistan. In the last three ODI encounters between them, Pakistan have managed to snatch two wins against Sri Lanka`s sole victory.
Pakistan have a well-settled opening pair in Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shehzad, which can give them a good start at the top. Their all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has also been in good form and on the top of it, he has a good track record against Sri Lanka. He is a match-winner and can give Lanka a run for their money.
Apart from that, experienced Pakistani skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has scored seven half-centuries in his last nine innings, which means the in-form skipper will be high on confidence while leading his side in the opening match.
When it come to bowling, in Bilawal Bhatti they have a promising seamer, whereas Junaid Khan has the potential to give the Sri Lankan batsmen a tough time in the middle.
Though, Pakistan have an upper hand, they can`t take Sri Lanka lightly who have won the Asia Cup four times and are strong contenders to lift the trophy this time around as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you