Asia Cup: Pakistan have edge over India in do-or-die clash
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mirpur: India will lock horns with their traditional arch-rivals Pakistan in the most sought after match of the on-going Asia Cup at Shere Bangla National Stadium in a few hours.
Since both the teams have lost one game out of two, it makes it a do-or -die match for them in the two-week long event. Interestingly, both the teams have lost their respective matches against Sri Lanka in close encounters.
However, in today`s match, Pakistan have a slight edge over India as India will be without the services of their regular Indian skipper MS Dhoni and two southpaws Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina, who have a good track record against Pakistan. One more factor that must be haunting Indian fans would be the current form of Team India. India have won just one match out of their last seven ODIs and their bowling has been erratic in the recent past.
On the other end, Pakistan have been performing decently in the fifty-over format and along with their bowlers skipper Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar Akmal are in good form. Whereas, India`s batting hopes will rest on their stand-in skipper Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan.
During the last face-off between the two teams at the ICC Champions Trophy, India registered a victory over Pakistan.
However, all these track records and current form will come to rest once both the teams enter the field. And the team which will manage to hold their nerves till the end will win the match. It is virtually a semi-final clash between the old-foes as Sri Lanka have almost booked their berth in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...