Asia Cup: Pakistan have edge over India in do-or-die clash
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mirpur: India will lock horns with their traditional arch-rivals Pakistan in the most sought after match of the on-going Asia Cup at Shere Bangla National Stadium in a few hours.
Since both the teams have lost one game out of two, it makes it a do-or -die match for them in the two-week long event. Interestingly, both the teams have lost their respective matches against Sri Lanka in close encounters.
However, in today`s match, Pakistan have a slight edge over India as India will be without the services of their regular Indian skipper MS Dhoni and two southpaws Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina, who have a good track record against Pakistan. One more factor that must be haunting Indian fans would be the current form of Team India. India have won just one match out of their last seven ODIs and their bowling has been erratic in the recent past.
On the other end, Pakistan have been performing decently in the fifty-over format and along with their bowlers skipper Misbah-ul-Haq and Umar Akmal are in good form. Whereas, India`s batting hopes will rest on their stand-in skipper Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan.
During the last face-off between the two teams at the ICC Champions Trophy, India registered a victory over Pakistan.
However, all these track records and current form will come to rest once both the teams enter the field. And the team which will manage to hold their nerves till the end will win the match. It is virtually a semi-final clash between the old-foes as Sri Lanka have almost booked their berth in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations