Indian squad leaves for Asia Cup
Mumbai: The Indian cricket squad, led by Virat Kohli in the absence of injured regular skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, departed here on Sunday for the Asia Cup competition in Bangladesh starting on February 25.
Dhoni has been ruled out of the tournament after the wicketkeeper-batsman sustained a Grade I left side-strain injury during the course of the second Test against New Zealand earlier this month.
The Kohli-led team would commence its campaign to regain the trophy, that India won for the fifth and last time in 2010 in Sri Lanka, with a round robin game against hosts Bangladesh on February 26.
The remaining round robin fixtures for India are scheduled on February 28 (v Sri Lanka), March 2 (v defending champions Pakistan) and March 5 (v Afghanistan). The final of the tournament is scheduled on March 8.
India squad: Virat Kohli (Capt.), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ambati Rayudu, Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Varun Aaron, Stuart Binny, Amit Mishra and Ishwar Pandey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic