Injury rules Mahendra Singh Dhoni out of Asia Cup, Virat Kohli to lead India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian skipper MS Dhoni has been ruled out of the forthcoming Asia Cup to be played in Bangladesh, due to a side strain.
While Virat Kohli will lead the side in his absence, Dinesh Karthik will perform the duties behind the stumps.
The Indian skipper had suffered a strain on his left side during the second Test against Black Caps in Wellington and will now undergo rehabilitation for ten days. The Indian team arrived in Mumbai earlier in the day, after losing yet another overseas Test series.
Asia Cup will be played in Bangladesh from February 25 to March 8. India will play their first match against the hosts on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'