Injury rules Mahendra Singh Dhoni out of Asia Cup, Virat Kohli to lead India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian skipper MS Dhoni has been ruled out of the forthcoming Asia Cup to be played in Bangladesh, due to a side strain.
While Virat Kohli will lead the side in his absence, Dinesh Karthik will perform the duties behind the stumps.
The Indian skipper had suffered a strain on his left side during the second Test against Black Caps in Wellington and will now undergo rehabilitation for ten days. The Indian team arrived in Mumbai earlier in the day, after losing yet another overseas Test series.
Asia Cup will be played in Bangladesh from February 25 to March 8. India will play their first match against the hosts on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday