Asia Cup 2016: MS Dhoni suffers muscle spasm during training, Parthiv Patel called up as back-up
Just days ahead of the Asia Cup 2016, India's limited-overs skipps MS Dhoni suffered a back spasm during training session on Monday.
New Delhi: Just days ahead of the Asia Cup 2016, India's limited-overs skipps MS Dhoni suffered a back spasm during training session on Monday.
The Board of Cricket for Control in India (BCCI) broke the news on Twitter and said that Parthiv Patel has been called as a back up.
— BCCI (@BCCI) February 22, 2016
Patel last played for India during the ODI triangular series in Australia in February 2012.
The 30-year-old left-hander has been a run-machine for Gujarat lately, and he was their second-highest run-getter in the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 295 runs, including a century and a fifty, which helped the team clinch the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan