Asia Cup 2016: MS Dhoni suffers muscle spasm during training, Parthiv Patel called up as back-up
Just days ahead of the Asia Cup 2016, India's limited-overs skipps MS Dhoni suffered a back spasm during training session on Monday.
New Delhi: Just days ahead of the Asia Cup 2016, India's limited-overs skipps MS Dhoni suffered a back spasm during training session on Monday.
The Board of Cricket for Control in India (BCCI) broke the news on Twitter and said that Parthiv Patel has been called as a back up.
— BCCI (@BCCI) February 22, 2016
Patel last played for India during the ODI triangular series in Australia in February 2012.
The 30-year-old left-hander has been a run-machine for Gujarat lately, and he was their second-highest run-getter in the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 295 runs, including a century and a fifty, which helped the team clinch the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you