Aspirant Proteas to face India and Australia at home
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa`s (CSA) development programmes will be put to the test over the next two months when South Africa A face tough home series in both the four-day and 50 overs formats against their Australian and Indian counterparts.
South Africa will play two four-day Test matches against both opponents as well as a triangular ODI series which will consist of two matches each against both Australia and India followed by a final.
"The South Africa A side has become a key component in our talent pipeline in preparing the next generation of players to represent the Proteas," said Corrie van Zyl, CSA General Manager, Cricket.
"It has been really exciting to see how products of the pipeline have fitted so easily into the Proteas set-up when given the opportunity.
Recent examples have included the likes of Kyle Abbott, Aaron Phangiso, Chris Morris and Henry Davids," added Van Zyl.
"The ICC Champions Trophy in England has underlined how susceptible players are to injury and it is important to continue building our talent base and our reserve strength."
The South African squads for the games are expected to be announced at the beginning of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray