Aspirant Proteas to face India and Australia at home
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa`s (CSA) development programmes will be put to the test over the next two months when South Africa A face tough home series in both the four-day and 50 overs formats against their Australian and Indian counterparts.
South Africa will play two four-day Test matches against both opponents as well as a triangular ODI series which will consist of two matches each against both Australia and India followed by a final.
"The South Africa A side has become a key component in our talent pipeline in preparing the next generation of players to represent the Proteas," said Corrie van Zyl, CSA General Manager, Cricket.
"It has been really exciting to see how products of the pipeline have fitted so easily into the Proteas set-up when given the opportunity.
Recent examples have included the likes of Kyle Abbott, Aaron Phangiso, Chris Morris and Henry Davids," added Van Zyl.
"The ICC Champions Trophy in England has underlined how susceptible players are to injury and it is important to continue building our talent base and our reserve strength."
The South African squads for the games are expected to be announced at the beginning of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack