Auckland ODI: England beat New Zealand by 5 wkts to clinch series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
ENGLAND Overs: 37.3 II Score: 186/5 (Root: 28*, Woakes: 3*)
England have defeated New Zealand by five wickets to clinch the three-match series 2-1. They had lost the opening game but won the remaining two to emerge victorious. Alastair Cook top scored for England with 46 runs while Tim Southee took 3/48 for New Zealand. The focus now shifts to the first Test that begins from March 6 in Dunedin.
ENGLAND Overs: 30 II Score: 151/3 (Morgan: 27*, Root: 13*)
England suffered a mini-jolt in the form of two quick wickets as Tim Southee removed Trott and Cook in his successive overs. However, Morgan restored the order with consecutive boundaries off Southee’s next over. He then dispatched Nathan McCullum in the 28th over for a biggie and a boundary off successive deliveries. England need 35 runs to win this game.
ENGLAND Overs: 20 II Score: 106/1 (Cook: 43*, Trott: 36*)
Cook and Trott have added 64 runs for the second wicket and have taken their team closer to the target. Cook is nearing his fifty. There hasn’t been any sense of urgency from the two batsmen as they look content to score with singles and doubles. However, they haven’t shied away from scoring boundaries when they were on offer.
ENGLAND Overs: 10 II Score: 50/1 (Cook: 20, Trott: 3*)
England have begun well as they chase 186 runs to win the final ODI of the three-match series against New Zealand. They have lost the wicket of Ian bell who was looking good but was caught at square leg region by Rutherford off Ellis. He scored 24 (22b, 4X3, 6X1). England were off to quick start as Cook and Bell opened their innings collecting 40 runs in 6 overs before Ellis struck for the Kiwis.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 43.5 II Score: 185/10 (Southee: 5*)
New Zealand have been bundled out for a score of 185 runs by the English team after inviting them to bat first in the third and final ODI at in Auckland. Brendon McCullum was the final wicket to fall after he was caught by James Anderson off Graeme Swann. He scored 79 (68b, 4X6, 6X5). Brendon was fast running out of partners and in his quest to quickly collect as many runs as possible, he was caught brilliantly by Anderson after attempting to pull Swann over deep midwicket.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 40 II Score: 148/8 (McCullum: 50*, Mills: 1*)
Brendon McCullum cuts a sorry figure as he alone wages a battle against English bowlers. The Black Caps have lost eight wickets and have just put 148 runs after 40 overs. James Franklin, Nathan McCullum and Andrew Ellis all fell cheaply even as Brendon McCullum tried dominating the bowlers as he hit Finn in the 38th over for two consecutive boundaries and a maximum. However, his quest to guide the total past 200-run mark faces a major challenge as he is fast running out of partners. Can Mills hang with him till the end of 50 overs?
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 30 II Score: 78/5 (McCullum: 6*, Franklin: 6*)
New Zealand are crawling at the moment having added just 78 in 30 overs. The last 10 overs saw them losing the crucial wickets of Grant Elliott and Ross Taylor. Elliott departed after being run out while Taylor was adjudged caught behind off Stuart Broad. Taylor went for the review but the decision was upheld after replays proved the on-field umpire’s decision was right. New Zealand have lost half of their side and will rely on Brendon McCullum to stay till the end of the innings to guide them to a respectable total.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 20 II Score: 57/3 (Elliott: 21*, Taylor: 22*)
Taylor and Elliott are looking to rebuild New Zealand’s innings that looked in a spot of bother after they had lost three of their top-order batsmen within 10 overs. In the last ten over, the Black Caps have added 39 runs and thankfully without losing any wicket.
NEW ZEALAND Overs: 10 II Score: 18/3 (Elliott: 1*, Taylor: 4*)
A terrible start to the innings after New Zealand were called in to bat first by England! They have lost the wicket of Hamish Rutherford, Bradley-John Watling and Kane Williamson. Two of them fell to Steve Finn while one to James Anderson. Watling was caught by Swann off Finn while Williamson perished after being caught by Jos Buttler off Anderson. Rutherford was the third wicket to fall who was out caught behind off Finn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly