Auckland Test, Day 3: New Zealand on top despite England fightback
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Auckland: New Zealand crumbled at the start of their 2nd innings on the third day of the final Test in Auckland, after wrapping up England for a below par 204.
The Kiwis decided not to enforce the follow-on and chose to bat. However, their decision backfired as they lost 3 quick wickets in the space of 23 overs to end the day at 35 for 3 wickets. They now enjoy a lead of 274 with 7 wickets in hand.
Trent Boult and Tim Southee were the most successful bowlers for the hosts with figures of 6 for 68 and 3 for 44 respectively.
The eventful final session saw eight wickets falling for 39 runs, as England’s tail-enders failed to cope with some very tight bowling from the Kiwis. New Zealand followed in similar fashion, creating hopes for a decider in the currently level test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?