Auckland Test, Day 3: New Zealand on top despite England fightback
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Auckland: New Zealand crumbled at the start of their 2nd innings on the third day of the final Test in Auckland, after wrapping up England for a below par 204.
The Kiwis decided not to enforce the follow-on and chose to bat. However, their decision backfired as they lost 3 quick wickets in the space of 23 overs to end the day at 35 for 3 wickets. They now enjoy a lead of 274 with 7 wickets in hand.
Trent Boult and Tim Southee were the most successful bowlers for the hosts with figures of 6 for 68 and 3 for 44 respectively.
The eventful final session saw eight wickets falling for 39 runs, as England’s tail-enders failed to cope with some very tight bowling from the Kiwis. New Zealand followed in similar fashion, creating hopes for a decider in the currently level test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan