Auckland Test: New Zealand six wickets away from victory
Zeenews Sports Bureau
ENGLAND Overs: 52.1 II Score: 90/4
A stunning catch from Tim Southee at gully sends the nightwatchman Steve Finn back to the pavilion. Finn departs for a duck. And that’s the end of proceedings. England will take field on the fifth and final day trying to save the Test. They need another 391 runs to win this match with six wickets in hand.
ENGLAND Overs: 50 II Score: 90/3
England have lost the wicket of their captain Alastair Cook. He was caught by Dean Brownlie off part-timer Kane Williamson. Cook scored 43 (145b, 4X4). In walks nightwatchman Steve Finn.
ENGLAND Overs: 38 II Score: 81/2
Pace from one and spin from the other end is currently in operation from New Zealand. At one end is Bruce Martin who has bowled 14 overs for 35 runs without any success. From the other end is left-arm pacer Neil Wagner who has bowled eight overs – six of them maidens and has taken the wicket of Jonathan Trott. Off the penultimate delivery of the 37th over, bowled by Martin, Ian Bell scored his first boundary of the innings after facing 41 deliveries.
ENGLAND Overs: 24 II Score: 60/2
England have lost two wickets as they chase 481 runs in the second innings to win the Auckland Test. Nick Compton was the first wicket to fall after being caught by wicketkeeper Bradley-John Watling off Tim Southee. Jonathan Trott was the next batsman to depart after edging one from Neil Wagner to Watling. Compton scored just two while Trott added 37 runs to England total before leaving for the dressing room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?