Aussie Shane Jurgensen named Bangladesh head coach
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board announced on Saturday that Australian Shane Jurgensen has been promoted from bowling coach to head coach of Bangladesh on a one-year deal.
Jurgensen guided Bangladesh to a 3-2 one-day international series win against West Indies at home in December when acting as interim coach after Englishman Richard Pybus refused to continue in the wake of a contract dispute.
Jalal Younus, the chairman of the BCB media committee, said they e had several candidates for the position of head coach, but there was no one better than Jurgensen, adding therefore they decided to appoint him as head coach up to December 2013.
Jurgensen`s first assignment will be a visit to Sri Lanka for a two-Test and three one-day international series starting in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur