Aussie Shane Jurgensen named Bangladesh head coach
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board announced on Saturday that Australian Shane Jurgensen has been promoted from bowling coach to head coach of Bangladesh on a one-year deal.
Jurgensen guided Bangladesh to a 3-2 one-day international series win against West Indies at home in December when acting as interim coach after Englishman Richard Pybus refused to continue in the wake of a contract dispute.
Jalal Younus, the chairman of the BCB media committee, said they e had several candidates for the position of head coach, but there was no one better than Jurgensen, adding therefore they decided to appoint him as head coach up to December 2013.
Jurgensen`s first assignment will be a visit to Sri Lanka for a two-Test and three one-day international series starting in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media