Aussie Shane Jurgensen named Bangladesh head coach
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board announced on Saturday that Australian Shane Jurgensen has been promoted from bowling coach to head coach of Bangladesh on a one-year deal.
Jurgensen guided Bangladesh to a 3-2 one-day international series win against West Indies at home in December when acting as interim coach after Englishman Richard Pybus refused to continue in the wake of a contract dispute.
Jalal Younus, the chairman of the BCB media committee, said they e had several candidates for the position of head coach, but there was no one better than Jurgensen, adding therefore they decided to appoint him as head coach up to December 2013.
Jurgensen`s first assignment will be a visit to Sri Lanka for a two-Test and three one-day international series starting in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days