Aussie Tait takes hat-trick in English T20
London: Australian pace bowler Shaun Tait took a hat-trick to help Essex defeat Nottinghamshire by 47 runs in the Twenty20 quarter-finals.
After Ryan ten Doeschate smashed 82 off 44 balls to give Essex an intimidating total of 187-6 from their 20 overs, it was Tait`s turn to take over at Trent Bridge on Thursday.
Under the lights, Tait ended Nottinghamshire`s hopes of making a strong challenge for the target.
Alex Hales blasted 31 off 12 balls, but David Masters then took three quick wickets as the hosts slumped to 64-4.
Despite 61 from David Hussey, Nottinghamshire never seriously threatened to make the total once Tait got going.
Tait, 30, had Hussey caught by ten Doeschate and then dispensed with Ian Butler before bowling Graeme White.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know