Aussie Tait takes hat-trick in English T20
London: Australian pace bowler Shaun Tait took a hat-trick to help Essex defeat Nottinghamshire by 47 runs in the Twenty20 quarter-finals.
After Ryan ten Doeschate smashed 82 off 44 balls to give Essex an intimidating total of 187-6 from their 20 overs, it was Tait`s turn to take over at Trent Bridge on Thursday.
Under the lights, Tait ended Nottinghamshire`s hopes of making a strong challenge for the target.
Alex Hales blasted 31 off 12 balls, but David Masters then took three quick wickets as the hosts slumped to 64-4.
Despite 61 from David Hussey, Nottinghamshire never seriously threatened to make the total once Tait got going.
Tait, 30, had Hussey caught by ten Doeschate and then dispensed with Ian Butler before bowling Graeme White.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16