Aussies can`t read Ajmal: Wasim Akram
Karachi: Pakistan`s former captain Wasim Akram feels the Australians have been left flummoxed by spinner Saeed Ajmal and this would tilt the balance in Pakistan`s favour in the ongoing one-day series in the United Arab Emirates.
Australia won the first ODI in Sharjah but were humbled in the second ODI at Abu Dhabi in searing conditions with heavy dew also making life difficult for the bowlers on Friday night.
But Akram felt that the biggest advantage for Pakistan was that the Australians had no clue on how to play Ajmal.
"They can`t pick his off-break from his doosra and that shows the quality of the bowler," he said.
He said this was the reason Ajmal had already picked up seven wickets in just two matches without conceding too many runs.
Ajmal, who has been the top wicket-taker in tests for the calendar period starting from July 2011 to August, 2012, was included in the ICC`s Test team of the year but was not nominated for any other category of the annual awards.
His omission came as a surprise to many as he also finished at number two in the list of leading wicket-takers in ODIs for the same period assessed by the ICC while picking their final nominations.
But Ajmal said while he was disappointed at not being nominated in the final categories he was not dejected and happy to be the only Pakistani in the ICC Test team.
"I was happy when they selected me for the awards. But if I got removed it`s no issue. I will improve my performance with hard work to win the award next year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what