Aussies play down leaked `secret dossier` on SA
Brisbane: Australia captain Michael Clarke has played down the significance of the so-called "Protea Files" leaked in the domestic media a day ahead of the series-opening Test against South Africa.
A leading Australian daily on Thursday claimed it had a two-page document which reveals a blueprint for targeting perceived weaknesses in each of the South Africa players, including a "psychological war" on top-order batsman Hashim Amla.
Clarke told a news conference the Australian team didn`t create an official dossier on opposing players and "there`s certainly information in there that is common knowledge."
He also rejected the suggestion that information in the leading daily was deliberately leaked as a psychological ploy. Former coach John Buchanan`s plans for the New Zealand team were leaked in the media in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway