Australia A take 4-0 series lead against England Lions
Sydney: Australia A faced their biggest challenge but still emerged with a 45-run win against the England Lions at the Sydney Cricket Ground here Monday to take a 4-0 series lead.
Batting first, captain Aaron Finch again led the way with 109, his third score of 50 or more in four innings in the series. He combined with Adam Voges (81) for a 177-run partnership for the third wicket to set up innings before Tim Paine (32) again guided Australia A to a big total as the home team posted 285 for eight.
In reply, the Lions were within striking distance when Gary Ballance top-edged an Alister McDermott delivery into his jaw and had to retire hurt on 73. After his departure, the Lions lost quick wickets to fall 45 runs short in the 47th over.
Alister McDermott (3-35) and Gurinder Sandhu (3-36) were the most successful of the Australia A bowlers.
The fifth and final match of the series will be played here Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016