Australia A take 4-0 series lead against England Lions
Sydney: Australia A faced their biggest challenge but still emerged with a 45-run win against the England Lions at the Sydney Cricket Ground here Monday to take a 4-0 series lead.
Batting first, captain Aaron Finch again led the way with 109, his third score of 50 or more in four innings in the series. He combined with Adam Voges (81) for a 177-run partnership for the third wicket to set up innings before Tim Paine (32) again guided Australia A to a big total as the home team posted 285 for eight.
In reply, the Lions were within striking distance when Gary Ballance top-edged an Alister McDermott delivery into his jaw and had to retire hurt on 73. After his departure, the Lions lost quick wickets to fall 45 runs short in the 47th over.
Alister McDermott (3-35) and Gurinder Sandhu (3-36) were the most successful of the Australia A bowlers.
The fifth and final match of the series will be played here Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!