Australia A take 4-0 series lead against England Lions
Sydney: Australia A faced their biggest challenge but still emerged with a 45-run win against the England Lions at the Sydney Cricket Ground here Monday to take a 4-0 series lead.
Batting first, captain Aaron Finch again led the way with 109, his third score of 50 or more in four innings in the series. He combined with Adam Voges (81) for a 177-run partnership for the third wicket to set up innings before Tim Paine (32) again guided Australia A to a big total as the home team posted 285 for eight.
In reply, the Lions were within striking distance when Gary Ballance top-edged an Alister McDermott delivery into his jaw and had to retire hurt on 73. After his departure, the Lions lost quick wickets to fall 45 runs short in the 47th over.
Alister McDermott (3-35) and Gurinder Sandhu (3-36) were the most successful of the Australia A bowlers.
The fifth and final match of the series will be played here Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog