Australia beats Windies in final Test by 75 runs to claim Frank Worrell Trophy
Dominica: Australia have beaten the West Indies in the final Test match in Dominica by 75 runs to claim the Frank Worrell Trophy 2-0.
Captain Michael Clarke starred with the ball as he snapped five Windies wickets, including the all-important wicket of man-of-the series Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
After resuming on 173 for five on last day, the West Indies were bowled out for 294 just before lunch. Australia had won the first Test in Barbados by three wickets while the second match in Trinidad was a rain-hit draw.
The Windies fought till the end with captain Darren Sammy, 61, and last man Shane Shillingford, 31 not out, hitting their highest Test scores.
Clarke took five wickets in an innings for only the second time in his career, the last being an amazing six for nine in Mumbai in 2004.
“It`s been a long summer, and today tops it off. It has been a lot of hard work, West Indies pushed us hard,” Sports24 quoted Clarke, as saying.
“We probably didn`t expect the ball to turn as much as it did in Dominica. It has been a great effort from the whole team, I think a lot of credit goes to Matthew Wade, his century here won us the match,” he added.
Sammy confessed his team`s batting has to improve with a three-Test tour of England looming.
“For the last year, our batting has been letting us down. But the future looks good for West Indies, we just need to continue what we have been doing,” said Sammy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch