Australia defeat India by 28 runs in Women`s T20 match
Visakhapatnam: A fine knock by Jess Cameron (67) and Meg Lanning (34) helped Australia score a 29-run win over India in the first Twenty20 women`s cricket match at the Andhra Cricket Association Visakhapatnam District Cricket Association (ACA-VDCA) stadium at Pothinamallayyapalem on Sunday.
Elected to bat first, Australia scored 138 for four in 20 overs. Cameron`s knock of 67 runs included two sixes and six fours in 50 balls. She added 102 runs for the second wicket along with Meg Lanning, who scored 34.
J S Goswami claimed one wicket for 20, followed by S Subbalakshmi and Goutha Sultana, who took one wicket each for 23 and 26 respectively. Chasing a target of 139, India team scored 109 for eight.
Harmanpreet Kaur hit 57 runs, laced with two sixes and five fours in 48 balls. She added 35 runs for the third wicket with Mithali Raj and 58 runs for fourth wicket with Anjum Chopra (24). India lost 2 wickets at the end of the 2nd over with only 8 runs on board.
Lisa Sthalekar of Australia was the most successful bowler, who claimed three by conceding 17 runs. Julie Hunter, Erin Osborne and Ellyse Perry claimed one wicket each for 20, 31 and 13 respectively.
Australia won the match by 29 runs and leads the series by 1-0.
Australia : 138/4 in 20 overs
(Meg lanning: 34, Jess Cameron- 67, JS. Goswami- 1/20, S.Subhalakshmi- 1/23,Gouha Sultana 1/26) Jess Cameron 67 runs in 50ball, 52mts, 6x4?s, 2x6?s Jess Cameron added 102 run for 2nd Wicket along with Meg Lanning. 102 runs came in 86 balls and 52 minutes only.
India: 109/8 in 20 overs
(Harmanpreet Kaur 57, Anjum Chopra 24, Lisa Sthalekar 3/17, Julie Hunter 1/20 Erin Osborne 1/31, Ellyse Perry 1/13).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday