Australia have lot of work to do for Ashes: Brett Lee
Kolkata: Admitting that Australia was totally outplayed by India in the recently concluded Test series, former Aussie pacer Brett Lee Friday said Australians have a tough job at hand in the upcoming Ashes series.
"Australians haven`t played their best cricket. In fact, we were totally outplayed. It is not great for Australian cricket," said Lee, who plays for the city`s IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders.
The pacer also credited India for intelligently using the conditions during the home Test series in which they drubbed the Australians 4-0.
"For the Ashes I think we must acknowledge that the players have a lot of work to do. The players will have to really play well. However, the good thing is that the conditions in England will suit us," said Lee.
The pace spearhead, however, refused to predict the outcome of the five-Test series against traditional rivalS England which begins July 10 at Nottingham.
Lee, who is doubling up as the bowling mentor of KKR besides leading the attack, said all rounder Jacques Kallis will play a crucial role in the team`s title defence this year.
"Kallis is a great player and has been our go to man for the last two seasons. Be it with the ball or the bat, he has a crucial role to play," said Lee adding that the tag of defending champion was both an incentive and pressure builder.
The Australian also wished speedy recovery for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who was assaulted outside a bar at Christchurch and is now in coma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened