Australia have lot of work to do for Ashes: Brett Lee
Kolkata: Admitting that Australia was totally outplayed by India in the recently concluded Test series, former Aussie pacer Brett Lee Friday said Australians have a tough job at hand in the upcoming Ashes series.
"Australians haven`t played their best cricket. In fact, we were totally outplayed. It is not great for Australian cricket," said Lee, who plays for the city`s IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders.
The pacer also credited India for intelligently using the conditions during the home Test series in which they drubbed the Australians 4-0.
"For the Ashes I think we must acknowledge that the players have a lot of work to do. The players will have to really play well. However, the good thing is that the conditions in England will suit us," said Lee.
The pace spearhead, however, refused to predict the outcome of the five-Test series against traditional rivalS England which begins July 10 at Nottingham.
Lee, who is doubling up as the bowling mentor of KKR besides leading the attack, said all rounder Jacques Kallis will play a crucial role in the team`s title defence this year.
"Kallis is a great player and has been our go to man for the last two seasons. Be it with the ball or the bat, he has a crucial role to play," said Lee adding that the tag of defending champion was both an incentive and pressure builder.
The Australian also wished speedy recovery for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who was assaulted outside a bar at Christchurch and is now in coma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price