Australia lines up pace ‘six pack’ for India, Ashes tours
Sydney: Australia is set to take six fast bowlers to England for the Ashes tour.
Sydney man-of-the-match Jackson Bird is likely to be one of six pace bowlers to get a place in the Australian squad, due to his accuracy and movement.
According to news.com.au, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Bird and a recovered James Pattinson are set to be in the bowling team for next month’s India tour.
The same five will also be at the core of the Ashes squad.
Australia coach Mickey Arthur said that 26-year-old Bird, who took seven wickets against Sri Lanka at the SCG, would be able to handle the conditions in the subcontinent.
Others in the team could include Josh Hazlewood and Ben Hilfenhaus, although Hilfenhaus may have been overtaken by Bird, but one bowler nearly certain of going for both the tours is spinner Nathan Lyon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon