Australia lines up pace ‘six pack’ for India, Ashes tours
Sydney: Australia is set to take six fast bowlers to England for the Ashes tour.
Sydney man-of-the-match Jackson Bird is likely to be one of six pace bowlers to get a place in the Australian squad, due to his accuracy and movement.
According to news.com.au, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Bird and a recovered James Pattinson are set to be in the bowling team for next month’s India tour.
The same five will also be at the core of the Ashes squad.
Australia coach Mickey Arthur said that 26-year-old Bird, who took seven wickets against Sri Lanka at the SCG, would be able to handle the conditions in the subcontinent.
Others in the team could include Josh Hazlewood and Ben Hilfenhaus, although Hilfenhaus may have been overtaken by Bird, but one bowler nearly certain of going for both the tours is spinner Nathan Lyon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country