Australia lines up pace ‘six pack’ for India, Ashes tours
Sydney: Australia is set to take six fast bowlers to England for the Ashes tour.
Sydney man-of-the-match Jackson Bird is likely to be one of six pace bowlers to get a place in the Australian squad, due to his accuracy and movement.
According to news.com.au, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Bird and a recovered James Pattinson are set to be in the bowling team for next month’s India tour.
The same five will also be at the core of the Ashes squad.
Australia coach Mickey Arthur said that 26-year-old Bird, who took seven wickets against Sri Lanka at the SCG, would be able to handle the conditions in the subcontinent.
Others in the team could include Josh Hazlewood and Ben Hilfenhaus, although Hilfenhaus may have been overtaken by Bird, but one bowler nearly certain of going for both the tours is spinner Nathan Lyon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy