Australia`s Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh run riot against Scotland
Edinburgh: Aaron Finch scored his second big century in a week as Australia piled up a colossal 362 for three in their lone one-day international against Scotland in Edinburgh on Tuesday.
Finch made 148 -- his maiden ODI century -- and Shaun Marsh 151 as the duo shared an Australia record 246 for the first-wicket in a match granted full one-day international status despite Scotland being a largely amateur side.
Victoria batsman Finch`s latest hundred followed his Twenty20 world record 156 against England at Southampton on Thursday.
The total was the highest Scotland had ever conceded at this level, with Finch`s runs coming off just 116 balls with 16 fours and seven sixes befire he holed out off spinner Majid Haq.
Marsh, whose father Geoff helped set the previous Australian first-wicket record of 212 together with David Boon against India at Jaipur in 1986, was slightly more sedate. He faced 149 balls including 16 fours and five sixes.
While Finch and Marsh`s individual scores were well down the record list of highest ODI innings, their stand was the sixth highest by an opening duo at this level.
Iain Wardlaw took two wickets in two balls to dismiss Marsh and Shane Watson (37) but the damage had long been done by an Australia side looking to use this contest as a warm-up for a five-match ODI series against England starting on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes