Australia`s Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh run riot against Scotland
Edinburgh: Aaron Finch scored his second big century in a week as Australia piled up a colossal 362 for three in their lone one-day international against Scotland in Edinburgh on Tuesday.
Finch made 148 -- his maiden ODI century -- and Shaun Marsh 151 as the duo shared an Australia record 246 for the first-wicket in a match granted full one-day international status despite Scotland being a largely amateur side.
Victoria batsman Finch`s latest hundred followed his Twenty20 world record 156 against England at Southampton on Thursday.
The total was the highest Scotland had ever conceded at this level, with Finch`s runs coming off just 116 balls with 16 fours and seven sixes befire he holed out off spinner Majid Haq.
Marsh, whose father Geoff helped set the previous Australian first-wicket record of 212 together with David Boon against India at Jaipur in 1986, was slightly more sedate. He faced 149 balls including 16 fours and five sixes.
While Finch and Marsh`s individual scores were well down the record list of highest ODI innings, their stand was the sixth highest by an opening duo at this level.
Iain Wardlaw took two wickets in two balls to dismiss Marsh and Shane Watson (37) but the damage had long been done by an Australia side looking to use this contest as a warm-up for a five-match ODI series against England starting on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital