Australia`s Birt fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Tuesday fined Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour.
Birt was charged with breaching Rule 9: Detrimental Public Comment regarding a comment he made about umpires on Twitter Dec 24, said a release.
Commissioner Ray Brown found Birt guilty and fined him $1,000.
Hobart Hurricanes is one of the teams of the Big Bash League, Australia`s domestic Twenty20 tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why