Australia`s Ellyse Perry undergoes ankle surgery
Melbourne: Australian women`s cricket bowler Ellyse Perry underwent an ankle surgery after she developed a minor infection following a recent surgery on the same ankle, announced Cricket Australia (CA) on Wednesday.
Perry underwent the ankle surgery last month to remove bone spurs, which were thought to have contributed to the development of a stress fracture in the same ankle. Perry was initially diagnosed with the stress fracture in her left ankle following her return to Australia after winning the ICC Women`s World Cup in India.
CA chief medical officer Justin Paoloni said: "Ellyse had developed some pain in her left ankle in the last few days. We determined that the best course of action was to perform an ankle arthroscopy and joint washout.
"This latest surgery is expected to set Ellyse`s rehabilitation timeline back an extra 2-3 weeks. Her anticipated return to bowling is another 10-12 weeks away. At this stage, we still expect Ellyse to be available for selection for the Ashes series against England in August."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi