Australia sans Clarke, would continue to struggle against Ravindra Jadeja
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: While he is yet to prove himself with the bat on a consistent basis, if at all there is a bowler the Australian team would be wary of in the upcoming ODI series, it is Ravindra Jadeja.
The left-armer was a force to reckon with, when Australia toured India earlier this year for the Test series, and his form could be ascertained from the fact that he dismissed Australia’s best batsman – Michael Clarke – five out of six innings.
While the Australian skipper will miss the upcoming ODI series due to a back injury, it would be interesting to see who would be Jadeja’s next target, as of late, the 26-year-old spinner has developed a habit of dismissing the opponents’ best batsman.
Jadeja’s isn’t a huge turner of the ball, but it’s his accurate line and length which often flummoxes the batsman to make a mistake. Many thought that his success against Australia in the Test series was a mere coincidence.
But Jadeja proved them wrong as he continued his good show in the ICC Champions Trophy too where he emerged as the highest wicket taker with 12 wickets and also won the golden ball.
In the current ICC ODI bowler rankings, Jadeja is right there at the top with Sunil Narine. In 22 matches this year, Jadeja has scalped 38 wickets at an average of 18.86 with an economy rate of 3.78. An Indian bowler has topped the rankings for the first time in 17 years; last to do so was Anil Kumble in 1996.
In Clarke’s absence, Shane Watson and George Bailey are likely to have a tough time facing Jadeja, who would want to continue troubling the Kangaroos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!