Australia sans Clarke, would continue to struggle against Ravindra Jadeja
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: While he is yet to prove himself with the bat on a consistent basis, if at all there is a bowler the Australian team would be wary of in the upcoming ODI series, it is Ravindra Jadeja.
The left-armer was a force to reckon with, when Australia toured India earlier this year for the Test series, and his form could be ascertained from the fact that he dismissed Australia’s best batsman – Michael Clarke – five out of six innings.
While the Australian skipper will miss the upcoming ODI series due to a back injury, it would be interesting to see who would be Jadeja’s next target, as of late, the 26-year-old spinner has developed a habit of dismissing the opponents’ best batsman.
Jadeja’s isn’t a huge turner of the ball, but it’s his accurate line and length which often flummoxes the batsman to make a mistake. Many thought that his success against Australia in the Test series was a mere coincidence.
But Jadeja proved them wrong as he continued his good show in the ICC Champions Trophy too where he emerged as the highest wicket taker with 12 wickets and also won the golden ball.
In the current ICC ODI bowler rankings, Jadeja is right there at the top with Sunil Narine. In 22 matches this year, Jadeja has scalped 38 wickets at an average of 18.86 with an economy rate of 3.78. An Indian bowler has topped the rankings for the first time in 17 years; last to do so was Anil Kumble in 1996.
In Clarke’s absence, Shane Watson and George Bailey are likely to have a tough time facing Jadeja, who would want to continue troubling the Kangaroos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!