Australia to bat first in 2nd Test at Adelaide, Philander out for Proteas
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Adelaide: Australian captain Michael Clarke won the toss and decided to bat first in the 2nd Test at Adelaide Oval on Thursday.
South Africa will be without the services of Vernon Philander due to a back injury. The all rounder will be replaced in the squad by Rory Kleinveldt.
Philander’s injury is the second major injury scare for the Proteas after JP Duminy pulled out of the series due to an Achilles injury.
Faf du Plessis will make his debut in place of the injured JP Duminy and spinner Imran Tahir has also been included in the playing eleven.
Australia meanwhile decided to field an unchanged team in Adelaide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read