Australia tours transformed me as sportsperson, says Sachin Tendulkar
Cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar has said that tours to Australia transformed him as a sportsperson. The former India captain was speaking at a sporting event organised by the Australian consulate in the presence of touring Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbot at the Cricket Club of India.
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar has said that tours to Australia transformed him as a sportsperson. The former India captain was speaking at a sporting event organised by the Australian consulate in the presence of touring Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbot at the Cricket Club of India.
Tendulkar, who ended his international career with 51 Test tons and 49 ODI hundreds, added that sports teaches us a lot in life. Often regarded as the greatest cricketer of all time, Tendulkar had a playing career spanning more than two decades and had some of best innings against the Aussies both in India and Down Under.
The 41-year-old also paid tribute to the Sir Donald Bradman, who once described Tendulkar as his heir. The function was attended by former Aussie cricketers Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee.
Mr Abbott, who is on a two-day visit to India, will meet India's new Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Friday. The two premiers are expected to sign an agreement that will pave the way for the sale of Australian uranium to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow