Australia women finish day at 250/7
Hertford: Meg Lanning notched up a century in her first innings on English soil as Australia finished Day 1 of their two-day tour match against England Women’s A at 250/7 at the Radlett Cricket Club here.
Lanning (104), who opened the batting with Rachael Haynes (17), was at the crease for the first 42 overs of the match Monday before being caught off the bowling of Kate Cross (4/30). Her innings included 15 fours and one six as she notched a 51-run partnership with Sarah Elliott (14) and an 84-run partnership with Jess Cameron (40).
Cameron (40) and Alex Blackwell (32) added vital runs to the total as the team gained some valuable match practice ahead of the Ashes Test which starts Aug 11 at Wormsley.
The wickets of Jodie Fields (0) and Ellyse Perry (4) were lost in quick succession before rain forced an early tea break with Erin Osborne (18 not out) and Alyssa Healy (4 not out) at the crease.
Play did not resume due to the weather and will commence half an hour early Tuesday to make up for lost time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand