Australian eves thrash India in 2nd T20 match
Visakhapatnam: Australia defeated hosts India by eight wickets in the second match of the Twenty20 women cricket series at the ACA-VDCA stadium on Monday.
Elected to bat, Indian women scored 111 for three in 20 overs with captain Anjum Chopra scoring 33 runs followed by Amita Sharma (28) and Mithali Raj (14). Julie Hunter and Sarah Coyte claimed one wicket each for 27 and 20 runs respectively. Though the Indian women started the innings on a high, scoring ten runs in the first over, they could not maintain the tempo. The visitors chased down the target by scoring 115 for two in 17.2 overs.
Jess Cameron was the top scorer with 68 runs, which included seven fours and two sixes. Her 68 runs came in 54 balls. Meg Lanning (40) was the second highest scorer. India`s S Subba Lakshmi claimed one wicket for 19 runs.
India: 111/3 in 20 overs: Anjum Chopra:-33, Amita Sharma 28, Mithali Raj-14, Veda Krishna Murthy-15 not out; Julie Hunter 1/27 and Sarah Coyte 1/20. Australia: 115/2 in 17.2 overs. Jess Cameron-68, Meg Lanning-40; S Subha Lakshmi-1/19.
Australia are leading the five-match series 2-0. The third match will be held here on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why