Australian eves thrash India in 2nd T20 match
Visakhapatnam: Australia defeated hosts India by eight wickets in the second match of the Twenty20 women cricket series at the ACA-VDCA stadium on Monday.
Elected to bat, Indian women scored 111 for three in 20 overs with captain Anjum Chopra scoring 33 runs followed by Amita Sharma (28) and Mithali Raj (14). Julie Hunter and Sarah Coyte claimed one wicket each for 27 and 20 runs respectively. Though the Indian women started the innings on a high, scoring ten runs in the first over, they could not maintain the tempo. The visitors chased down the target by scoring 115 for two in 17.2 overs.
Jess Cameron was the top scorer with 68 runs, which included seven fours and two sixes. Her 68 runs came in 54 balls. Meg Lanning (40) was the second highest scorer. India`s S Subba Lakshmi claimed one wicket for 19 runs.
India: 111/3 in 20 overs: Anjum Chopra:-33, Amita Sharma 28, Mithali Raj-14, Veda Krishna Murthy-15 not out; Julie Hunter 1/27 and Sarah Coyte 1/20. Australia: 115/2 in 17.2 overs. Jess Cameron-68, Meg Lanning-40; S Subha Lakshmi-1/19.
Australia are leading the five-match series 2-0. The third match will be held here on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof