Australian eves thrash India in 2nd T20 match
Visakhapatnam: Australia defeated hosts India by eight wickets in the second match of the Twenty20 women cricket series at the ACA-VDCA stadium on Monday.
Elected to bat, Indian women scored 111 for three in 20 overs with captain Anjum Chopra scoring 33 runs followed by Amita Sharma (28) and Mithali Raj (14). Julie Hunter and Sarah Coyte claimed one wicket each for 27 and 20 runs respectively. Though the Indian women started the innings on a high, scoring ten runs in the first over, they could not maintain the tempo. The visitors chased down the target by scoring 115 for two in 17.2 overs.
Jess Cameron was the top scorer with 68 runs, which included seven fours and two sixes. Her 68 runs came in 54 balls. Meg Lanning (40) was the second highest scorer. India`s S Subba Lakshmi claimed one wicket for 19 runs.
India: 111/3 in 20 overs: Anjum Chopra:-33, Amita Sharma 28, Mithali Raj-14, Veda Krishna Murthy-15 not out; Julie Hunter 1/27 and Sarah Coyte 1/20. Australia: 115/2 in 17.2 overs. Jess Cameron-68, Meg Lanning-40; S Subha Lakshmi-1/19.
Australia are leading the five-match series 2-0. The third match will be held here on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Nokia elevates Sanjay Malik to lead its India business
- Who rocked at the IIFA 2016 press con? Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone—SEE PICS
- Ministers in 'coat and tie' look like waiters, says Subramanian Swamy
- WhatsApp, Viber pose security threat, should be banned: PIL filed in SC
- Google teams up with Udacity to initiate programme for Android beginners