Australian players crossed line in Perth Test: Flintoff
Sydney: Hitting out at the Australian players for their mindless sledging during the Perth Test, former England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff described it as “outright abuse”.
Flintoff said Australia crossed the line in Perth, particularly Peter Siddle, whose send-off to Matt Prior saw the England wicketkeeper react by allegedly asking the Victorian to come outside the ground to settle their differences.
“It was pointless, needless and didn’t have an ounce of humour to it,” Flintoff wrote in his News of the World column.
Flintoff said some forms of “chirping and sledging” were acceptable “but I have no time whatsoever for outright abuse - and I think the Aussies are now crossing the line too often”.
“It’s all right singing when you’re winning, but let’s see how loud Australia are if the boot’s on the other foot this week,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in