Australian women beat India by 63 runs; win T20 series
Visakhapatnam: Australia beat India by 63 runs and took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match Twenty20 women`s cricket series.
Australia, who won the toss and elected to bat first, scored 151 for two in 20 overs at the Andhra Cricket Association-Visakhapatnam District Cricket Association (ACA-VDCA) Stadium here.
Alyssa Healey (90) and Meg Lanning (42) were the top scorers for the visitors. Healey hit ten fours and two sixes during her 61-ball stay at the crease.
Lanning`s knock was laced with six fours. Lanning and Healey scored 112 runs for the opening wicket.
Chasing a victory target of 152, Indian women managed to score only 88 runs for six wickets in 20 overs. S Naik (34) and R Malhotra (32) were the main contibutors for the hosts. S J Coyte was the most successful Australian bowler, claiming three wickets for 19 run. E A Perry accounted for two wickets giving away only eight runs.
The fourth match of the series will be played here on Thursday.
Brief scores: Australia: 151/2 in 20 overs. Alyssa Healey-90, Meg Lanning 42; A Das-1/13).
India : 88/6 in 20 overs. S Naik-34, R Malhotra-32; S J Coyte-3/19, E A Perry-2/8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!