Australian women beat India by 63 runs; win T20 series
Visakhapatnam: Australia beat India by 63 runs and took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match Twenty20 women`s cricket series.
Australia, who won the toss and elected to bat first, scored 151 for two in 20 overs at the Andhra Cricket Association-Visakhapatnam District Cricket Association (ACA-VDCA) Stadium here.
Alyssa Healey (90) and Meg Lanning (42) were the top scorers for the visitors. Healey hit ten fours and two sixes during her 61-ball stay at the crease.
Lanning`s knock was laced with six fours. Lanning and Healey scored 112 runs for the opening wicket.
Chasing a victory target of 152, Indian women managed to score only 88 runs for six wickets in 20 overs. S Naik (34) and R Malhotra (32) were the main contibutors for the hosts. S J Coyte was the most successful Australian bowler, claiming three wickets for 19 run. E A Perry accounted for two wickets giving away only eight runs.
The fourth match of the series will be played here on Thursday.
Brief scores: Australia: 151/2 in 20 overs. Alyssa Healey-90, Meg Lanning 42; A Das-1/13).
India : 88/6 in 20 overs. S Naik-34, R Malhotra-32; S J Coyte-3/19, E A Perry-2/8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range