Australia’s Tait sidelined following elbow surgery
Melbourne: Australia paceman Shaun Tait will miss the one-day series against India after undergoing elbow surgery that will keep him out of action for at least two months, Australia’s cricket board said on Friday.
“Shaun Tait underwent corrective elbow surgery this afternoon for a chronic elbow complaint and his return to cricket will be determined by the speed of his recovery from surgery,” Cricket Australia doctor Trefor James said in a statement.
“It is not anticipated he will be able to play within the next two months.” The 27-year-old opted to have surgery on the long-standing right elbow complaint after it had recently worsened.
Following a two-test series against India, which started in Mohali on Friday, Australia will play three one-day internationals later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'