Australia’s Tait sidelined following elbow surgery
Melbourne: Australia paceman Shaun Tait will miss the one-day series against India after undergoing elbow surgery that will keep him out of action for at least two months, Australia’s cricket board said on Friday.
“Shaun Tait underwent corrective elbow surgery this afternoon for a chronic elbow complaint and his return to cricket will be determined by the speed of his recovery from surgery,” Cricket Australia doctor Trefor James said in a statement.
“It is not anticipated he will be able to play within the next two months.” The 27-year-old opted to have surgery on the long-standing right elbow complaint after it had recently worsened.
Following a two-test series against India, which started in Mohali on Friday, Australia will play three one-day internationals later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...