Axed trio able to come back, says Ganguly
Kolkata: Former captain Sourav Ganguly said on Saturday that the axed trio of Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan can still come back into the Indian team.
Reacting to the three players` omission from the list of 30 probables for the Champions Trophy, Ganguly said, "Let`s not jump the gun yet. Selection is something which has always been debatable."
"I don`t think they are writing them off. It has happened in the past. They have come back and played. All they need to do is to keep performing and hopefully they would be back.
"We will have to wait and see. They are great players. Hopefully good things will happen to them," Ganguly said during a promotional event here.
Four Bengal players - Manoj Tiwary, Wriddhiman Saha, Ashok Dinda and Mohammad Shami - found place in the list of probables.
"It`s good news. They have played for India at some stage so they are supposed to be part of the side. My best wishes for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'