Axed trio able to come back, says Ganguly
Kolkata: Former captain Sourav Ganguly said on Saturday that the axed trio of Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh and Zaheer Khan can still come back into the Indian team.
Reacting to the three players` omission from the list of 30 probables for the Champions Trophy, Ganguly said, "Let`s not jump the gun yet. Selection is something which has always been debatable."
"I don`t think they are writing them off. It has happened in the past. They have come back and played. All they need to do is to keep performing and hopefully they would be back.
"We will have to wait and see. They are great players. Hopefully good things will happen to them," Ganguly said during a promotional event here.
Four Bengal players - Manoj Tiwary, Wriddhiman Saha, Ashok Dinda and Mohammad Shami - found place in the list of probables.
"It`s good news. They have played for India at some stage so they are supposed to be part of the side. My best wishes for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’