Azharuddin`s son continues to be in very critical condition
Hyderabad: The condition of Ayazuddin, son of former Indian cricket captain and Moradabad MP Mohammad Azharuddin, who was grievously injured in a mishap here, continues to be "very critical" for the second day on Monday even as doctors are trying to assess the condition of his brain.
"His (Ayazuddin`s) condition continues to be very critical and the patient is being managed in the Intensive Care Unit on ventilator and BP support," a medical bulletin issued this evening by the super-specialty hospital where he is being treated said.
"Neurological assessments are being performed to assess his brain condition, which could be a major concern. It is suspected that there may be a significant brain dysfunction due to anoxia during the period in which the patient was in a collapsed stage, which can be confirmed only after serial neurological tests," it said.
Ayazuddin sustained grievous injuries while his 16-year-old cousin Ajmal died in the motorbike accident that took place on the outskirts of the city yesterday. "Mohd Ayaz, 19 years, was brought to the hospital on the morning of September 11 in a collapsed state. Following aggressive resuscitation, heart activity was revived and he was taken for emergency surgery in view of uncontrolled bleeding from the left lung injury.
"Subsequently, he started bleeding from the left kidney and bladder. Patient was given blood products and coagulation factors... bleeding was controlled," the bulletin said. Azharuddin, who flew in here from London in the wee hours, was in the hospital with his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 50 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan's Ghor