Azharuddin to impart batting tips to J&K players
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) has sought assistance of former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin to impart batting tips to its players.
"We have requested Azharuddin to give some batting tips to our players," JKCA President Farooq Abdullah told reporters after reviewing the pace of earth filling work at S P College ground here.
Responding to questions, Abdullah said the JKCA will make all efforts to retrieve the money of the association that has been allegedly embezzled.
"Police investigation is going on, our own probe is also in progress. Once I get the report, we will act. We will try to get the money back as it does not belong to Farooq Abdullah but the cricketers of the state," he added.
Irked by a suggestion that the delay in investigation was deliberate to hush up the scam, Abdullah, who is also Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, yesterday said, "I want to go to jail."
A multi-crore scam came to light in the JKCA early this year, prompting a police investigation and an in-house probe by the association. Both the investigations are still in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'