Azharuddin to impart batting tips to J&K players
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) has sought assistance of former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin to impart batting tips to its players.
"We have requested Azharuddin to give some batting tips to our players," JKCA President Farooq Abdullah told reporters after reviewing the pace of earth filling work at S P College ground here.
Responding to questions, Abdullah said the JKCA will make all efforts to retrieve the money of the association that has been allegedly embezzled.
"Police investigation is going on, our own probe is also in progress. Once I get the report, we will act. We will try to get the money back as it does not belong to Farooq Abdullah but the cricketers of the state," he added.
Irked by a suggestion that the delay in investigation was deliberate to hush up the scam, Abdullah, who is also Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, yesterday said, "I want to go to jail."
A multi-crore scam came to light in the JKCA early this year, prompting a police investigation and an in-house probe by the association. Both the investigations are still in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future