Azharuddin's son still critical; on ventilator support
Hyderabad: Former Indian cricketer and Congress lawmaker of Moradabad, Mohammad Azharuddin, arrived in Hyderabad early this morning from London to visit his son, who is in critical condition at the Apollo Hospital after being involved in a high-speed motorbike crash.
Azharuddin would be visiting his son Mohammed Ayazuddin, 19, who is on ventilator support, later in the day.
Ayazuddin and his cousin Ajmal-ur-Rehman met with a road accident on September 11. The former was racing his 1000 cc imported Suzuki motorcycle on the outskirts of Hyderabad when he lost control of his bike and met with an accident.
The accident took place between 8 a.m. and 9 AM near the Narsingi check post.
Ajmal-ur-Rehman, 16, who was riding pillion, succumbed to his injuries within an hour of being brought to the hospital.
Doctors at the hospital told mediapersons that Ayazuddin has undergone a special surgery in order to stop the bleeding caused by severe injuries to his chest and kidneys.
Draped in a white sheet, the body of Azharuddin`s nephew was handed over to his family members by the hospital authorities.
Ayazuddin is the second of Azharuddin`s two sons, and plays for Hyderabad under-19 cricket team.
Ayazuddin is Azharuddin``s son from his first wife Noureen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof