‘Baby-faced’ Root acts tough on field to intimidate opposition
London: Emerging English cricketer Joe Root has said he needs to act tough in the field in order to intimidate the opposing team because of his youth and baby-faced looks.
The young cricketer, who has become a key figure in England’s Test, Twenty20 and 50-over teams because of his confidence and form, said that he also has a quiet personality which makes it necessary for him to act tough on the pitch, the Sun reports.
Root further said that his looks, age and personality often encourages the opposing team to try and intimidate him which is why he often raises his voice while on the pitch to make sure that the batsman at the other end can hear his voice.
Root, who was due to lead England Lions on their current tour of Australia until he was drafted into the senior squad in New Zealand, scored 73 and 20 not out against India in his only Test match and is the first player in history from any country to score 25 or more in each of his first seven one-day innings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her