Back from break, Gambhir turns up for his office team ONGC
New Delhi: Having enjoyed a break of week and half after his maiden IPL triumph, Gautam Gambhir was back on the cricket field and this time in flannels for his office team ONGC in Lala Raghubir Trophy -- one of Delhi`s renowned Hot Weather Tournament.
Gambhir, along with India teammate Praveen Kumar and host of other first-class cricketers, turned up for ONGC who are one of the most formidable outfits in the Delhi club cricket circuit.
The India opener, who led Kolkata Knight Riders to the IPL title recently, scored a fine 70 as his team piled up a massive 344 in 45 overs against Vidya Jain Club at the Modern School (Barakhamba Road) ground.
In the searing heat, Gambhir showed what commitment is all about as he went about doing his job in a professional manner.
Not only did he bat but also came out to field --- a rarity among international cricketers when they play club matches.
Although ONGC were led by former India U-19 opener Tanmay Srivastava, it was Gambhir who was seen deciding on field placements as well as bowling changes.
His India teammate Praveen, however, had a torrid time as he was hit for a quite a few runs.
Some of other well known first-class players who turned up for ONGC were Delhi skipper Mithun Manhas, Ajay Ratra, Sumit Narwal along with former U-19 India players like Srivastava, Taruwar Kohli, Mayank Tehlan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon