Bad domestic performances won`t harm Oz ODI side`s Ashes selection chances
Sydney: Australia`s stand-in captain George Bailey and his ODI team playing in India will reportedly be given special consideration for the winter Ashes series even if they do not play well in the Sheffield Shield matches after returning from the sub-continent.
The one-day players will miss the opening round of Sheffield Shield matches and will have just the second round of Shield games or the Australia A game, all beginning next week, before the first Test squad is announced on November 12.
According to News.com.au, however, Bailey, and the one-day players currently in India will be given some dispensation because the conditions in Australia will be vastly different from what they have been facing in India, adding that Bailey is a popular favourite to line up in Brisbane on November 21 to receive his Baggy Green cap
The report mentioned that in all seven batsmen currently not in the Test team have been discussed as possible Australia or Australia A candidates who have a realistic chance of promotion this winter including Bailey, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Phillip Hughes, Alex Doolan, Michael Klinger and Aaron Finch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing