Bad domestic performances won`t harm Oz ODI side`s Ashes selection chances
Sydney: Australia`s stand-in captain George Bailey and his ODI team playing in India will reportedly be given special consideration for the winter Ashes series even if they do not play well in the Sheffield Shield matches after returning from the sub-continent.
The one-day players will miss the opening round of Sheffield Shield matches and will have just the second round of Shield games or the Australia A game, all beginning next week, before the first Test squad is announced on November 12.
According to News.com.au, however, Bailey, and the one-day players currently in India will be given some dispensation because the conditions in Australia will be vastly different from what they have been facing in India, adding that Bailey is a popular favourite to line up in Brisbane on November 21 to receive his Baggy Green cap
The report mentioned that in all seven batsmen currently not in the Test team have been discussed as possible Australia or Australia A candidates who have a realistic chance of promotion this winter including Bailey, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Phillip Hughes, Alex Doolan, Michael Klinger and Aaron Finch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- Sensex rallies 216 points on 7th Pay Commission approval, GST hopes
- Euro 2016: Can Iceland emulate Leicester City's fairytale and go all the way?