Bad domestic performances won`t harm Oz ODI side`s Ashes selection chances
Sydney: Australia`s stand-in captain George Bailey and his ODI team playing in India will reportedly be given special consideration for the winter Ashes series even if they do not play well in the Sheffield Shield matches after returning from the sub-continent.
The one-day players will miss the opening round of Sheffield Shield matches and will have just the second round of Shield games or the Australia A game, all beginning next week, before the first Test squad is announced on November 12.
According to News.com.au, however, Bailey, and the one-day players currently in India will be given some dispensation because the conditions in Australia will be vastly different from what they have been facing in India, adding that Bailey is a popular favourite to line up in Brisbane on November 21 to receive his Baggy Green cap
The report mentioned that in all seven batsmen currently not in the Test team have been discussed as possible Australia or Australia A candidates who have a realistic chance of promotion this winter including Bailey, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Phillip Hughes, Alex Doolan, Michael Klinger and Aaron Finch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city