Bailed Sreesanth says I will not stop training
New Delhi: Bailed Indian speedster, S.Sreesanth, is happy to be back and said on Wednesday that he wanted to forget the time spent in prison. Post-breakfast, a weary-looking Sreesanth said that he was happy to have homemade food with his family.
"I shall not stop training, will begin soon. I have had good food after 27 days. I would like to forget the 27 days," said Sreesanth. "I have great faith in the Indian judiciary.
Now, the trial will start. I shall wait patiently," he added.
Earlier, Sreesanth along with Ankeet Chavan and 17 others was released on bail from, Tihar Jail, after spending 26 days behind bars, after being accused of spot-fixing in Indian Premier League (IPL).
However, the court has asked them to surrender their passports, as they are not allowed to leave the country.
Earlier, Delhi police had invoked the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, (MCOCA) against Sreesanth and other accused for their alleged nexus with the underworld in the spot fixing case.
The Indian pacer and former Test player, landed in his hometown of Kochi in Kerala to a rousing welcome. His fans greeted Sreesanth with warmth and supported their local hero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price