Bailed Sreesanth says I will not stop training
New Delhi: Bailed Indian speedster, S.Sreesanth, is happy to be back and said on Wednesday that he wanted to forget the time spent in prison. Post-breakfast, a weary-looking Sreesanth said that he was happy to have homemade food with his family.
"I shall not stop training, will begin soon. I have had good food after 27 days. I would like to forget the 27 days," said Sreesanth. "I have great faith in the Indian judiciary.
Now, the trial will start. I shall wait patiently," he added.
Earlier, Sreesanth along with Ankeet Chavan and 17 others was released on bail from, Tihar Jail, after spending 26 days behind bars, after being accused of spot-fixing in Indian Premier League (IPL).
However, the court has asked them to surrender their passports, as they are not allowed to leave the country.
Earlier, Delhi police had invoked the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, (MCOCA) against Sreesanth and other accused for their alleged nexus with the underworld in the spot fixing case.
The Indian pacer and former Test player, landed in his hometown of Kochi in Kerala to a rousing welcome. His fans greeted Sreesanth with warmth and supported their local hero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack