Bailey backs inclusion of Marsh, Faulkner in Champions Trophy squad
Sydney: Newly promoted one-day vice-captain George Bailey has supported the inclusion of combative all-rounders Mitch Marsh and James Faulkner for Australia`s ICC Champions Trophy campaign, to be held in England in June.
Although the selection of Faulkner for the eight-nation one-day tournament was expected, Marsh`s addition came as a surprise to many given that he missed much of the past season due to hamstring surgery.
Praising both Marsh and Faulkner, Bailey said that both the `new blood` are alike in possessing the hunger to find any way to win a battle.
Bailey further said that the domestic Ryobi Cup innings had reinforced his lofty opinion of Marsh, who has played only four limited-overs matches for Australia, adding that Marsh has huge potential as a complete all-rounder.
Bailey also said that Faulkner has risen to every challenge that has been thrown towards him, whether in Tasmania where he was batting in the top-six or being the death bowler in one-day cricket.
Bailey, who was appointed Michael Clarke`s one-day deputy ahead of Matthew Wade, was captaining Tasmania when Marsh, 21, made a dazzling return from his three-month absence in February, scoring 104 from 96 deliveries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'