Bailey says Australia in form for T20s; rests star pacer Starc
Sharjah: Australian captain George Bailey has said his side will carry on winning momentum into their Twenty20 series against Pakistan in Dubai.
Following Australia’s 2-1 victory in their one-day international, Bailey said that in-form pacer Mitchell Starc may be rested for T20 series in the UAE.
Starc was man of the series in the one-day internationals against Pakistan, which Australia won 2-1.
Six fresh players have arrived for the three-game T20 series, which is a lead-up to the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka later this month.
“The quick turnaround means we’ve hardly really spoken about Twenty20 yet. Mitchell Starc has had a pretty good hitout so he’s probably one we might look to rest early on,” Bailey admitted.
The series against Pakistan will be an excellent warm-up for the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka starting on September 18, news.com.au reports.
Bailey said there was a great feeling in the Aussie change rooms after their three-wicket win in game three of the ODI series on Tuesday morning and it was heartening to see key members of the T20 squad show some form.
“It was nice to see Davey Warner start to hit a few boundaries, David Hussey scored some runs (43 as opener in game three), Glenn Maxwell (56 not out) performing as well as he did under pressure," Bailey told a press conference on Tuesday.
“Mitchell Starc is performing well (player of the series with nine wickets). As well as the team performing really well and getting the victory, for those guys to perform well for us is also a real confidence-booster.”
Bailey is keen to get some game time into new arrivals Ben Hilfenhaus, Clint McKay and fellow pace bowler Pat Cummins, as well as Watson, middle-order batsman Cameron White and Brad Hogg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened