Bangalore to host ICC Awards ceremony on Oct 6
Dubai: The International Cricket Council’s Awards ceremony is coming to India for the second time since its inception six years ago with Bangalore set to host the prestigious event on October 6.
The seventh edition of LG ICC Awards ceremony, which is to be staged in association with Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), is returning to India after Mumbai hosted it in 2006.
This year, the ICC has introduced a new category in People’s Choice Award which will be chosen by cricket fans around the world on-line from a shortlist of five cricketers.
The names of five cricketers will be selected by an ICC selection panel on the basis of some innovative parameters and posted on www.icc-cricket.com on August 23. The cricket fans will have an opportunity to vote for a player of their choice online until September 10, the ICC said in a statement.
The other seven individual awards are for Cricketer of the Year, Test Player of the Year, ODI Player of the Year, Emerging Player, Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year, Twenty20 International Performance of the Year, Women’s Cricketer of the Year, Umpire of the Year, Spirit of Cricket.
The nominations for the seven awards will be made by a five-man selection panel chaired by former West Indies captain and Chairman of ICC Cricket Committee Clive Lloyd.
The panel also includes former India captain Ravi Shastri, former England fast bowler Angus Fraser, ex-Zimbabwe batsman and England coach Duncan Fletcher and former Australia opener Matthew Hayden. This panel will also select the ICC Test and ODI teams of the year.
The winners of the seven individual awards will be voted upon by a 25 strong panel of renowned former players, members of the media and an elite umpire and elite match referee.
The nominations for Women’s Cricketer of the Year Award will be decided by a separate 25-person voting panel featuring former players and other experts on the women’s game.
The Spirit of Cricket Award will be voted on by all Full Member international captains as well as all members of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires and Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees while the Full Member captains and elite match referees will vote on the Umpire of the Year Award.
ICC President Sharad Pawar said he was “looking forward to attending what will be his first major event since taking over the ICC Presidency in July”.
“It is a great honour for India to host the prestigious LG ICC Awards for the second time since its inception in 2004. The Awards are being decided at the end of some excellent and thrilling series, including two hugely successful ICC global events in ICC Champions Trophy 2009 and ICC World Twenty20 2010 and there are quite a few superlative performances to consider,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow