Bangladesh announces squad for Tests against West Indies
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Thursday announced its 14-man squad for the two-Test series against the West Indies, scheduled to start Tuesday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here.
Bangladesh selectors have included uncapped off spinner Shohag Gazi in their squad. Medium-pacer Abul Hasan, who impressed the selectors through his outstanding performance in the national league, is also set to get an opportunity to make his Test debut, reports Xinhua.
A 15-member West Indies squad led by Darren Sammy arrived in Dhaka Monday morning for a series involving two Tests, five One Day Internationals or ODIs and one T20.
The series comes about a month after the West Indies clinched the World Twenty20 title beating Sri Lanka by 36 runs in Colombo.
Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Mahmudullah Riyad (vice-captain), Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Junaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Shohag Gazi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video