Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe to end long losing streak in Tests
Harare: Bangladesh ended their long losing streak in Test cricket here on Monday with a 143 run victory over Zimbabwe on Monday.
Robiul Islam won man of the series said the victory was dedicated "for the people" in Savar after Bangladesh came back from a heavy defeat in the first match to level the short series with a first victory in four years.
Bangladesh`s last win came in a 2-0 whitewash over the West Indies in 2009
"A Test win is a big achievement for us," Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim said. "All the pressure was on us after losing the first Test."
Robiul, using skipper Rahim as a translator, then said the long-awaited win was for the victims of the building tragedy, where more than 380 people died.
Ziaur Rahman took 4-63 on debut and spinner Shakib Al Hasan 3-52 for the tourists as Zimbabwe were bowled out for 257 in their second innings on the final day of the second Test.
Bangladesh`s long-awaited success was built on their first-innings 391 after being put in to bat by Zimbabwe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'