Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe to end long losing streak in Tests
Harare: Bangladesh ended their long losing streak in Test cricket here on Monday with a 143 run victory over Zimbabwe on Monday.
Robiul Islam won man of the series said the victory was dedicated "for the people" in Savar after Bangladesh came back from a heavy defeat in the first match to level the short series with a first victory in four years.
Bangladesh`s last win came in a 2-0 whitewash over the West Indies in 2009
"A Test win is a big achievement for us," Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim said. "All the pressure was on us after losing the first Test."
Robiul, using skipper Rahim as a translator, then said the long-awaited win was for the victims of the building tragedy, where more than 380 people died.
Ziaur Rahman took 4-63 on debut and spinner Shakib Al Hasan 3-52 for the tourists as Zimbabwe were bowled out for 257 in their second innings on the final day of the second Test.
Bangladesh`s long-awaited success was built on their first-innings 391 after being put in to bat by Zimbabwe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed