Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe to end long losing streak in Tests
Harare: Bangladesh ended their long losing streak in Test cricket here on Monday with a 143 run victory over Zimbabwe on Monday.
Robiul Islam won man of the series said the victory was dedicated "for the people" in Savar after Bangladesh came back from a heavy defeat in the first match to level the short series with a first victory in four years.
Bangladesh`s last win came in a 2-0 whitewash over the West Indies in 2009
"A Test win is a big achievement for us," Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim said. "All the pressure was on us after losing the first Test."
Robiul, using skipper Rahim as a translator, then said the long-awaited win was for the victims of the building tragedy, where more than 380 people died.
Ziaur Rahman took 4-63 on debut and spinner Shakib Al Hasan 3-52 for the tourists as Zimbabwe were bowled out for 257 in their second innings on the final day of the second Test.
Bangladesh`s long-awaited success was built on their first-innings 391 after being put in to bat by Zimbabwe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy