Bangladesh close in on Windies
Dubai: Bangladesh`s series win over the West Indies has put them within ten ratings points of the Caribbean side in the International Cricket Council`s One-day table.
The Tigers beat the West Indies by two wickets in the final ODI at the Shere Bangla National Stadium Saturday, to eke out a 3-2 verdict in the five-match series.
With the series win, the Tigers moved ahead of New Zealand into eighth spot on 78 points, with the West Indies still seventh on 88 points.
Had Bangladesh won the series 5-0 - they led the series 2-0 at one stage - they would have overtaken the West Indies in seventh.
The Caribbean side will have the opportunity to increase their lead over Bangladesh, however, when they tour Australia for five ODIs from January 20 to February 13 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre