Bangladesh close in on Windies
Dubai: Bangladesh`s series win over the West Indies has put them within ten ratings points of the Caribbean side in the International Cricket Council`s One-day table.
The Tigers beat the West Indies by two wickets in the final ODI at the Shere Bangla National Stadium Saturday, to eke out a 3-2 verdict in the five-match series.
With the series win, the Tigers moved ahead of New Zealand into eighth spot on 78 points, with the West Indies still seventh on 88 points.
Had Bangladesh won the series 5-0 - they led the series 2-0 at one stage - they would have overtaken the West Indies in seventh.
The Caribbean side will have the opportunity to increase their lead over Bangladesh, however, when they tour Australia for five ODIs from January 20 to February 13 next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof