Bangladesh coach Jurgensen resigns
Dhaka: Bangladesh`s Australian coach Shane Jurgensen will resign in June, apparently because he is upset at media speculation that he may be sacked, the country`s cricket board said on Monday.
"We have received a letter from Jurgensen that he will not continue as coach after the home series against India in June," said Bangladesh Cricket Board spokesman Jalal Yunus.
"He did not give any reason but we assume he is upset with recent media speculation about his position."
Yunus said Jurgensen`s resignation had not yet been accepted because "it is an emotional decision and we are prepared to talk to him about it".
Jurgensen, 38, was not available to comment on his resignation.
The former first-class cricketer from Queensland was appointed full-time coach in February last year with a mandate to build the team for next year`s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
Bangladesh have endured a miserable start in 2014 despite playing the entire season on home soil.
They lost the Test, one-day and Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka, were beaten by Afghanistan in the Asia Cup and lost to minnows Hong Kong in the World Twenty20.
Bangladesh have said they will host India for three one-day internationals in June, but the Board of Control for Cricket in India has not yet confirmed the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow