Bangladesh coach Siddons to leave in June
Dhaka: Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons will not have his contract renewed when it expires at the end of June, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said.
"It has been agreed that national team head coach Jamie Siddons` contract will not be extended," Jalal Yunus, chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board media committee, said in a statement.
Under Australian Siddons, who took charge in November 2007 when he replaced Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh have won two tests and 31 one-day internationals.
Bangladesh suffered World Cup disappointment last month when the co-hosts failed to reach the quarter-finals.
"We are really appreciative of Jamie`s contribution over the last four years and the successes he has had with the national team," Yunus added.
"However, we feel the time is right to ring in changes in the team management and support staff. We are going to invite applications for the head coach`s position very soon."
Siddons` final game in charge will be the third and final one-day international against Australia on Wednesday.
Bowling coach Ian Pont and fielding coach Julien Fountain will also not be retained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price