Bangladesh could tour Pakistan by the end of year: Reports
Dhaka: If the security arrangements are all set in place, Bangladesh Cricket Team can tour Pakistan by the end of this year, as per the reports.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Thursday that it has made a commitment to tour Pakistan later this year.
The board`s newly-appointed Chairman Nazmul Hasan told a news conference on Thursday that a decision will be finalised after discussion with the government and analysing a number of factors including the security situation in Pakistan.
None of the international teams have toured Pakistan since an attack by militants on a bus carrying the Sri Lankan team in Lahore in March, 2009 in which six police officers were killed and several members of the team were left wounded.
Bangladesh were scheduled to tour Pakistan in April for a series, which was cancelled following an order by the High Court after a lawyer and a teacher petitioned for the plan to be scrapped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test