Bangladesh defeat West Indies by 2 wickets in 5th ODI, clinch series 3-2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mirpur: The crowd erupted with joy, as Bangladesh defeated West Indies in the fifth and the final ODI match by 2 wickets to clinch the five match ODI series 3-2 at the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
There were a few anxious moments for the spectators when Kemar Roach picked two wickets off consecutive deliveries with Bangladesh needing 4 runs to win. But Nasir Hossain kept his cool and scored the winning runs. He remained unbeaten on 39, which was an excellent knock down the order under pressure in front of the home crowd.
Bangladesh bowlers once again clicked as a unit as they wrapped Windies innings for just 217 runs in 50 overs. West Indies were once again off to a bad start after their top three batsmen were back to the pavilion with just 17 runs on the board. After that, Kieron Pollard (85 from 74) and Darren Bravo (51 from 108) added 132 runs for the fourth wicket and stabilised the innings.
But once Bravo was dismissed in the 41st over, the lower order batsmen soon collapsed. Shafiul Islam was the pick of the Bangladeshi bowlers as he picked 3 wickets while Mahmudullah and Haque scalped two wickets each.
Chasing 218 to win, Bangladesh were off to a bad start as Kemar Roach dismissed Bangladesh opener’s within no time. He scalped Tamim Iqbal and Anamul Haque in the third over. Skipper Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah then added 91 runs for the fourth wicket. Both Sunil Narine struck twice to dismiss both the batsmen.
It looked like Bangladesh were all set for another collapse but Nasir Hossain (39*), Mominul Haque (25) and even Sohag Gazi (19) made useful contributions with the bat to win the series before their home crowd.
Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina was present at the stadium as Bangladeshi players celebrated their Sahara Cup victory in Gangnam Style!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi