Bangladesh police quiz Pakistan man over fixing
Dhaka: A police official says detectives are questioning a Pakistani citizen for allegedly attempting to fix a cricket match in the Twenty20 Bangladesh Premier League.
Sajid Khan, 36, was detained by Bangladesh Cricket Board security officials on Sunday while attempting to access the players` zone during a game between the Chittagong Kings and the Barisal Burners at Dhaka`s Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
Mirpur Police official Munshi Mosharraf said on Wednesday a case has been filed against Khan on charges of attempting to "make money by using mobile phone and through cheating tied to BPL affairs". He says Khan is being questioned by detectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016