Bangladesh police quiz Pakistan man over fixing
Dhaka: A police official says detectives are questioning a Pakistani citizen for allegedly attempting to fix a cricket match in the Twenty20 Bangladesh Premier League.
Sajid Khan, 36, was detained by Bangladesh Cricket Board security officials on Sunday while attempting to access the players` zone during a game between the Chittagong Kings and the Barisal Burners at Dhaka`s Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
Mirpur Police official Munshi Mosharraf said on Wednesday a case has been filed against Khan on charges of attempting to "make money by using mobile phone and through cheating tied to BPL affairs". He says Khan is being questioned by detectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport