Bangladesh police quiz Pakistan man over fixing
Dhaka: A police official says detectives are questioning a Pakistani citizen for allegedly attempting to fix a cricket match in the Twenty20 Bangladesh Premier League.
Sajid Khan, 36, was detained by Bangladesh Cricket Board security officials on Sunday while attempting to access the players` zone during a game between the Chittagong Kings and the Barisal Burners at Dhaka`s Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
Mirpur Police official Munshi Mosharraf said on Wednesday a case has been filed against Khan on charges of attempting to "make money by using mobile phone and through cheating tied to BPL affairs". He says Khan is being questioned by detectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon