Bangladesh police quiz Pakistan man over fixing
Dhaka: A police official says detectives are questioning a Pakistani citizen for allegedly attempting to fix a cricket match in the Twenty20 Bangladesh Premier League.
Sajid Khan, 36, was detained by Bangladesh Cricket Board security officials on Sunday while attempting to access the players` zone during a game between the Chittagong Kings and the Barisal Burners at Dhaka`s Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
Mirpur Police official Munshi Mosharraf said on Wednesday a case has been filed against Khan on charges of attempting to "make money by using mobile phone and through cheating tied to BPL affairs". He says Khan is being questioned by detectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister