Bangladesh recall Mortaza, drop Iqbal from Asia Cup squad
Dhaka: Former captain Mashrafe bin Moratza has been recalled to the 14-man Bangladesh squad for the Asia Cup cricket tournament to be held in Dhaka from March 11 to 2.
Even as they recalled Mortaza, the Bangladesh selectors have dropped explosive opener Tamim Iqbal from the squad, which was announced late last night.
Apart from Iqbal, the selectors have also dropped three other players of the 15-man squad, which played in the home one-day series against Pakistan in December last year.
Besides Mortaza, the selectors have also brought back Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Shahadat Hossain and Anamul Haque into the squad.
While Mortaza led the Dhaka Gladiators to victory in the inaugural T20 Bangladesh Premier League, Iqbal played only two games for the Chittagong Kings due to a groin injury.
The selectors, however, did not announce the names of the captain and the vice-captain of the team.
Bangladesh will face Pakistan in the opening match of the competition at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Sunday.
Squad: Imrul Kayes, Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Elias Sunny, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Anamul Haque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?