Bangladesh recall Mortaza, drop Iqbal from Asia Cup squad
Dhaka: Former captain Mashrafe bin Moratza has been recalled to the 14-man Bangladesh squad for the Asia Cup cricket tournament to be held in Dhaka from March 11 to 2.
Even as they recalled Mortaza, the Bangladesh selectors have dropped explosive opener Tamim Iqbal from the squad, which was announced late last night.
Apart from Iqbal, the selectors have also dropped three other players of the 15-man squad, which played in the home one-day series against Pakistan in December last year.
Besides Mortaza, the selectors have also brought back Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Shahadat Hossain and Anamul Haque into the squad.
While Mortaza led the Dhaka Gladiators to victory in the inaugural T20 Bangladesh Premier League, Iqbal played only two games for the Chittagong Kings due to a groin injury.
The selectors, however, did not announce the names of the captain and the vice-captain of the team.
Bangladesh will face Pakistan in the opening match of the competition at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Sunday.
Squad: Imrul Kayes, Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Elias Sunny, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Anamul Haque.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming